individualising a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Hiya im having a custom made and i want to make it as individual as possible.I was woundering what type of little extras can i have put on it for example wooden tone knobs,pickup cover etc.
  2. have your name inlaid at the 12th fret.

carve your name into the back

have your DNA injected into the paint.

have your bass finished in your hair clippings

have your position markers made out of toenail clippings

have the nut made out of real bone... from one of your ribs

have your skin grafted onto the back of the neck. When asked, you can say the neck is "as smooth as, well, my ass".

just a few thoughts. :)
  3. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    :eyebrow: Err.... it would seem that any option that's available to you would be available to the next customer as well, so...
    If it really helps, you could

- Engraved truss-rod cover
    - Ivory nut
    - Matching pup covers and backplate
    - Exotic wood tuners and controls
    - Custom inlay job (with your own design/initials)
    - Super-expensive, 1-in-a-kind exotic wood top (like those $10k+ cocobolo boards)
    - Custom carved headstock, pup covers...

Unless of course you've come up with some radical body shape that you're getting your luthier to custom make for you that is ;) One thing for sure, it's gonna cost a pretty penny whichever way you go.

Apart from that, you might just wanna practice so damn hard that one day, people will know you for your musicianship, and not what your bass looks like :D

But, having a pretty bass never hurt anyone i guess... :smug:
  4. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    LMAO!!!! :D
  5. Just be sure to oil it... you don't want it to crack... the skin that is, not yer ass. It's already cracked... :eyebrow:

I'm here all week, tip yer waitresses. ;)
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Save it.. put it on a bass. ;)