Ineed some help in choosing a cab & pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jc skids, Jul 17, 2005.

1. :bassist: :help: :bassist: :help: I have a ashdown mag300 & a peavey4x10 what i need help with is it better to get a 15 or 18 in bottom,i mainly play my traben 5 which has a lot of low end also does any know of a good eff pedal thats not super expensive I have a zoom2 but it's to noisy :the sound i'm looking for is like a cross between government mule and the firm,with a little real little bit of a dead feel
  2. help
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    the question about speakers/cabs is better to be asked in the amps sections of talkbass..

as for the 'effect pedal' you will need to be more clear about what exactly you are after: distortion, overdrive, wah, synth, chorus etc.

zoom is notoriously digital sounding and noisy, and so most people opt for boss pedals or boutique pedals. please restate your question, being more specific about the sound you are looking for (give examples from well known songs if you know of something similar if you must) so that we can help you.
  4. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ok thats a little better... i am not familiar with the bands you mentioned but there might be someone here who knows the bassist's setups. i did a quick search but didnt turn up anything that says what effects they use, so it might be a question of the right amp/cab setup rather than finding the right effects pedal..

we still need to know what TYPE of effect you are after. please visit this site ( ) and read up on the different types of effects available and then report back as to what you think you are after and we shall take it from there.

also, instead of editing your original post, please reply by way of a new post so that everyone else may follow the conversation. good luck!
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    And don't bump your posts every three minutes . . . responses don't usually come that quickly . . . give it a at least a full day before you bump.