Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Inexpensive acoustics.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by S. Byrnes, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Im looking to spend $400 or less for an acoustic bass. I've been looking at epiphone, Ibanez, and I think an Ovation that I saw at a local music store for $350. Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

2. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    look on ebay there are some really nice A/E basses for less than even $350. look for michaek kelly basses adn i bought a jb player but im not to thrilled with its acoustic sound. good luck adn happy hunting

pgk

3. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    I have been debatting over the last couple years about getting "a round the campfire bass" I feel the fender holds better than the ovation especialy when sitting. The Ovation is deeper physically and more akward to play. I have only tried Fenders but I assume the Squire is the roughly the same physical shape and playability.

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I'm playing a Hohner ABG that a buddy loaned me and it's nice.

5. nirvanaman

nirvanaman

Dec 8, 2002
    I suggest a Fender BG-29. It has great clarity and has the option of amplification. It's really easy to play chords on it cause of the clarity.

My only complaint is it's sort of big. That makes it a little harder to play. All in all it's great.

6. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Try a Dean Performer!!