1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Inexpensive EQ pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blackba, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blackba

blackba

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan, USA
    I am looking for an inexpensive EQ pedal just for tweaking the sound for the in ears coming out of an Eden WTDI.

Anyone tried the Pyle Pro? Pyle Pro PPDLEQB1 7-Band Graphic Equalizer Bass Guitar Pedal 248-4536

This Arion looks better. Arion MEQ-2 7-band Bass Graphic Equalizer Pedal | Allparts.com

I have tried the guitar version of the Boss 7 band and it was okay, kind of noisy. I actually like the danelectro fish and chips EQ better, but those don't have much resolution on the low end bands.

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    What's your price point? Cheap means different things to different folks. Behringer has their copy of the Boss Bass EQ, which is dirt cheap. I've used it before, and from what I recall it wasn't particularly noisey, though like most Behringer the housing is cheap plastic.

3. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I like the Arion's frequency set better.

4. blackba

blackba

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan, USA
    Looking for under $75USD new or used. I tend to stay away from Behringer, but its good to know that the Behringer EQ was not noisey.

Probably should mention I am looking for a graphic EQ, not a parametric EQ.

5. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    You might be able to find an MXR 10 Band EQ at that price used. I've had a couple and they are very nice-low noise, lots of frequencies to play with. :)

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I have a couple of cheap boss clone eqs on my board, the Behringer and a Chord pedal. Both are ok, no noise issues to speak of, but I only use them to cut, not boost.

That Arion on does look good though, I could do with one with more control in the low end.

7. Dick Tree

Dick Tree

May 26, 2011
    Normal, IL
    MXR 10-band and Boss 7-band are both good and cheap.

8. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    Danelectro Fish and Chips 7 Band EQ is what I have and it does what it supposed to, I dig it.
    Less than $30 new

9. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Bah. My Behringer BEQ700 is going on 5 years old and is still working. I still use it at home for practice straight into the mixer board as a "preamp" when I am just working on scales and such. It served me every weekend for two years before I built a full bass effects board.

Yes, it is plastic. But, I used it as an always-on effect and I baby my pedals. The way some people stomp on their boxes, you'd a thunk they saw a Texas Cockroach.

10. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    MXR 6-Band is good enough for me.