1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Inexpensive headless bass suggestions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slowgypsy, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Looking for an inexpensive 34" scale headless bass to take with me on travel trips. Headless basses ala Steinberger appeal to me cause they're smaller and easier to lug around. I think Steinbergers are out of my price range as I'm trying to keep this under $400. Anyone have suggestions of basses I should check out? Thanks.....

2. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Hohner B series..

3. Check this out ...

http://www.music123.com/Aria-AS690B-Portable-Sinsonido------Bass-Guitar-i103237.music

These things used to be MUCH cheaper than this. I really think the price got raised as a result of the many threads/discussions here on TB. TB'ers were in direct contact with these folks and singing the praises of the instrument.

Next thing you knew, the price went from $350 to over $500. :meh:

Still nice instruments, though.

4. mheintz

mheintz

Nov 18, 2004
  5. Ibanez Axstars, when you can find them.

This expired eBay example is a typical current price, maybe a shade over $300 in good+ condition w/case on average.