Inexpensive Octave Up Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm looking for an Octave Up pedal. I don't like Octave Downs-- really annoying. So what's an inexpensive octave up pedal that has good tracking and everything. Thanks!
  2. I use a Digitech BP200 thats got the whammy pedal built in, 1 or 2 octaves up no problem.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Wait a minute.

I have a BP-200... HOW DO I GO UP?!
  4. thunder-pick

Jun 9, 2005
    The Boss PS-5 Super Shifter goes up or down 2 octaves, also does harmonies. It tracks well too.
  5. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    octave up + fuzz? danelectro french toast.

otherwise, sticking with dano theme, look for a shift daddy on ebay... inexpensive expression controlled pitch shifter.
  6. Ok, select the 'whammy' effect on the effects menu, then use the middle knob, twiddle it until you get one or two octaves shown on the screen. Now configure the expression pedal to 'whammy' and set the values 0-100. now as you press the pedal down the note will bend up to one or two octaves :D
  7. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Oh yeah, i've scene that, but I want to hear the low and the high note.

Thanks for the help though!
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Use the Harmony Blend mode with the HOCTUP effect, it will do just that.
    If you don't want to be bothered with the expression pedal, you can do it with the Pitch Shift too, just set it on +12 and adjust levels.
    As a general rule, it's a good idea to read the manual when you get a pedal, especially a multi. Most effects known to man can be produced with them.
  9. Yep, good points about the harmony blend and pitchshifter, I use it in my effects loop so I have the low note too.