Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

inexpensive sadowskys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slickhare, May 13, 2005.

1. slickhare

slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    are there any sadowskys that aren't very pricey but still maintain the sadowsky quality?

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Their is the metro line that is not as expensive as the NYC line but they are in the 2 plus K range. Maybe you can find a used sadowsky at the right price.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've seen used Sadowsky Tokyos and Metros go for around $1500 used on occasion. They just had a black/maple neck Tokyo at Bass Northwest, but it sold very quickly. I don't come from the sort of folk that considers $1500 inexpensive, but it's less than half of the price of admission for a new NYC bass.

In either case, the Metro and Tokyo lines are right up there with the NYC models in terms of overall quality. I own both NYC models and a Metro and I'm equally happy with all of them.

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A used Metro is an exceptional value, I doubt very much that you will find many new basses for the same money that are even close. In fact I doubt you'l find many used basses that are as good of a value as a new Metro!

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Really? have u ever tried a vigier? :D