Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Inflatable Guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Jan 1, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

2. I reckon they should have blow up drum kits. that way drummers won't hurt themselves on the sharp corners and can't swallow small objects. lolol

My My a blow up guitar? how stupid can they get?! lolol

Very stupid yet kinda cool looking don't ya think? :p

Merls

3. My first response to this idea B4 looking at the website was.....

Why?

Now, After looking at the website, my question is....

Why?

I have built instruments, and have a hard time believing that that thing doesn't sound any better than, well, for a lack of a better analogy - Crap!

4. blow up drum sets would be cool. all the bass makers would start installing a knife holder. no more giving drummers dirty looks. slash, pop, laugh as the drummer gets out his patch kit, again. :D

there was a company a while back (maybe shaper image) that sold a briefcase guitar. it was a guitar that you could take apart and put into this real nice foam lined briefcase. it was a full size guitar when you put it together. if i remember right if was very expensive.

5. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Geez, just what I need - to have my bass catch me fingering an inflatable guitar.

C'mon, you were thinking it too...

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LOL! Yes, I was thinking that, when I saw the thread title!.

:eek:

7. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

Gruff, the company that builds the breakdown, or briefcase guitar is alive and well. The company is Stewart Guitars in Swansboro N.C.

I play in a little garage band with the inventor and manufacturer of it, Woody Stewart.

My first thought also , when I first saw one was "why"? Apparently there is a demand for them. I was in his shop recently and there were at least a dozen in various stages of completion and there is more demand than woody can keep up with.

One would think that an instrument built this way would have to be kind of "Rube Goldberg" but they are very well made quality instruments. One of the models even has a built in electronic tuner.

The neck joint is totally different from the neck joint on the inflatable. The Stewart uses a specially designed, steel to steel, connector plate. It not only works, it works great.

If woody ever makes a bass guitar, I'd like to be his first customer because his work is excellent.

Now if someone would come out with an inflatable drummer and guitar player with detatchable ego, I,ll be thier first customer. :)

Pkr2

[Edited by pkr2 on 01-02-2001 at 10:24 AM]

8. pkr2 i remember it looking like a high guitar in a quality briefcase. glad to hear the maker is doing well.

9. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

:) :) :)