Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Influential Black Artists on NBC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I never watch Sunday Television. It is always crap... or so I thought. My girlfriend left the TV on when she went to work, when I came in, a musical act was on. Turned out to be a fellow by the name of George Benson. I only caught the end of it, but this guy did it all, Blues, Jazz, Easy Listening. Very mellow, but interesting.

It was a program called "Influential Black Artists" is this a common occourance? If so, I might have to start watching Sunday Television.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Dunno, but george benson is pretty groovy, I only have one album, and while it is primarily a type of smooth jazz vibe, there are some gems on it that are really great.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Well true, but what of Black History month. In a sense, it's everyone's history, and white people aren't discouraged from learning about black history. But I see what your saying. Why does it matter? Why can't it be a music show? I don't know. I just was hella excited to see music... REAL music on TV. It was stunning.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The funk brothers were on Leno a couple weeks ago, that was pretty awesome+

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, I was wondering about that. :D

Bravo.