Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Info about Aria Pro II Magna MAB 20/5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zanthrax, Jan 14, 2005.

1. I'm gonna buy an Aria Pro Magna Series MAB 20/5 from a friend and since he bought it for ~$140 I guess I'll be paying something like that. I've seen others on the used market here in Sweden and those have had a price of ~$425 so I figured I'd spend the money I save on upgrades. My two pet peeves are the pickups and the bridge. I've found a set of Bartolinis (for ~$140) that I hope will be around when I get money so the problem is the bridge...

Can someone tell me what the string spacing is, in millimeters if possible? If not, since I've got access to the bass (it's been living with me for the past months :D), I could measure it myself if someone gave me a crashcourse in how the measurements are made.
    Can someone even recomend a replacement bridge?

Last: Can someone tell me what the bodywood is? Would it look good stripped of the paint?

2. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    I can't help you, but I've got similar questions...

I've just got hold of the fretless version of this bass, and is sounds far better than it should have any right to :)

I'm also wondering:

What's the fretboard made from?
    What pickups does it have (I know they say Aria Pro on them, but are these another manufacturer re-branded?)?

I can't find a contact email address for Aria that works otherwise I'd ask them directly...

3. mcbrat

mcbrat Electra Outlaw

Dec 22, 2004