Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Keeper, Oct 29, 2000.

1. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    Hey, does anybody know anything about the Cort Curbow Luthite bodied 4 string basses? Please share if you do!!
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Of course my friend.
    Those are some of the greateast cheapest basses around.
    What I mean is that those are big bang for the buck.
    I own a six string Cort Curbow... and it is like butter.
    Sounds very nice... but not that woody.
    Mine has Bartolinis.. the 4 string comes with a Mighty Mite pickup and active electronics + a slap countour switch.

Please ask freely.
  3. I'll second anything Ifabara has to say!

When I got back into this madness, I got a Cort Curbow 4 to start. Not as a beginner bass but as one that I seriously thought was a real contender in quality and features. It was true. Some of the plusses are the Ebonol fingerboard and excellent fat frets, a very versatile preamp/eq system that sounded great for slap or fingerstyle, and high quality hardware. The downside for me was it's body size. I am 6'0" and over 300 lbs - though it was easy to play (fastest neck ever), it didn't "fit" me to the point I was really comfortable. It also looked sort of silly, not that you should reject a bass solely for that. All in all a VERY good value and an instrument that holds great favor with me.
  4. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    Thanks for the info!! I'm gonna try one out this weekend.
    Does anyone know where I can get a good price on one online?
  5. jrock111

Oct 10, 2000
    Mars Music carries them. Their discounted prices range from $369.99 for a 4 string up to $599.99 for a 6 string.
  6. snfjtu

Oct 3, 2000
    I got my Cort Curbow 6 recently on eBay for the sweet price or 420 you may want to wait around for a 4 string to pop up, unless there is a nice one on there right now. Hell, you might beable to get a 5-string for the price you might pay for 4 at So, check it out if you trust auctions.
  7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    E-Mail Jordan at
    They are Cort dealers and have great prices.

Also.. There are always lots of Cort Curbows at Ebay.
    And they sell very low thanks to the ignorace of people about how good these basses are.

Try getting a Black 4 String one.. Those are very rare and no longer produced.
  8. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'll back up what everyone else has said. I used to pick one of these up at Mars to dink with, and it's got a really strong, aggressive sound. Very full. And, it's a fairly comfortable bass to play. I also happen to think it looks cool, too. If you're in the under $400 budget, this is a bass that deserves some serious consideration.