Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Info about Yamaha BBN4IIIFL please...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Aug 18, 2002.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hi,

There's a used Yamaha BBN4IIIFL for sale (fretless and passive), in "as new" condition, at half its regular price.

I was thinking that having a fretless bass can be useful sometimes, and so I'm considering buying it.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about this bass ? Is it a good bass or not ? I plan to use it essentially in studio.

Of course I'm asking there because where I live I have NO way to try one out...

Thanks in advance,

All the best,

2. Howdy from across the pond.

I have owned the BBN4F and it was my first fretless. It is a very nice bass and for the money you can't get a better fretless unless you add a few hundred and get an MTD Kingston. Musicians Friend has these NEW for $249 just for reference. Get it set-up well and solo the bridge pick-up and you'll hear that fretless "mwah" we all talk about.

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Thanks Bassdr,

I'm going to get in touch with the seller right now.

The regular price, here in France, is about 450 EUR, and the seller asks 230 for it. At this price, it's okay for me, since I don't want to spend much on a fretless I will use probably twice a year...

Thanks again,

All the best,