1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info/Help on Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LayDownTheGoove, Jul 20, 2007.

1. LayDownTheGoove

LayDownTheGoove

Dec 27, 2004
    Alright so its been a while since i have been on here a little over 2 years. So what i am looking for is help on picking out my next bass. I started playin bass about 3 yrs ago on a squire, and then after sometime i purchased an Ibanez SR406. But latly I have gone back to my squire for playing shows with my band, I find that i don't really use the extra 2 strings very often (unless i am just playin in my room), so i have decided i want to get another 4 string. So long story short, I am looking for any guidance anyone might have...I am looking to spend around the 800 area Canadian...

The sound i prefer is the lots of low end (sublime is the best example i can give) I would rather have a bass with passive pickups rather than active. What i have been considering so far are as follow:
    Fender Jazz
    Schecter Studio 4 or Extreme 4 (I really like the black cherry finish)

any info on these 2 (especially the schecters) would be aprecciated and woudl love to hear other suggestions!!

I also wanted to know what the main difference between bolton and neck thru is. ( i know they sound different but what gives you what?)

Thanks for your time

2. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    You will never get that super deep sound out of a Jazz bass.

Get a P-bass and put some flats on it. DONE!