1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Info needed on Seymour Duncan active w/eq

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Activ, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Activ

Activ

Feb 7, 2001
    About 14 years ago I had these Seymour Duncan active P-style pickups installed in my bass. They have 3 little switches ON the bottom pickup, and I think they sound great! I was basically a kid when I first got them, and I never did get any kind of instructions with them. I've always pretty much left the switches at one setting that I thought sounded best.

Now I'm wondering a couple things:

-What does each switch do, exactly? Does it just boost certain frequencies? I know one setting seems to give a brighter sound, but after that it's hard to tell.

-Can they be switched "off" to passive? I never tried them without a battery.

I don't think Seymour Duncan makes 'em any more.:(

2. meanstreets

meanstreets

Jul 17, 2002
    St.kilda
    I have the same 3 toggle switches. I need some info too!
    Anyway, each switch is a eq, so from the top to bottom you have treble, mid, bass. all turned off they should send the pickups into passive mode, and not use the 9v battery.

I dont like these things, though maybe there is something i am doing wrong... I think they sound too phlappy and slappy which might suit funk but drives me insane...

3. hmm.. you could try asking here...

:)