1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Info on A/E P-Bass Needed Please...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MisterBlue, Sep 2, 2003.

1. MisterBlue

MisterBlue

Aug 10, 2003
    I have a MIJ Acoustic/Electric Semi Hollow Body P-Bass with F-Holes. It's the one with the piezo pick up in the bridge. It's a brown burst color and was bought in 1992(?). Anyone have any info on these basses like what years they were produced, how many, etc. Thanks in advance!

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i played a hollow body P with a P pickup, and i'm sure a piezo- it was natural/brownish, fretless, and had a bitchin tone to it, thats all i can tell you-its the only one i've ever seen (BTW, it was in a music go round for about $600).

3. MisterBlue

MisterBlue

Aug 10, 2003
    Oops, yeah that sounds exactly like mine. I forgot to mention that it is fretless.:) Anyone know anything about these basses?

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They were made for about 2 years, around 1990. There were fretless and fretted versions. Some of the fretted ones had hockey stick headstocks and were sold as the HM (Heavy Metal?) Precision Bass. The P pickup was a Lace Sensor and the bass had the infamous Fender "TBX" tone control.

They were unpopular at the time and so have been traded for low $$$ for some time. When new they cost over $1000 (street)!!!!

5. MisterBlue

MisterBlue

Aug 10, 2003
    Thanks for the replies guys! It is appreciated.