1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info on Bc Rich Eagle needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hevy T, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Anyone know anything about this model? I can tell it's not ultra high end due to the lack of a million switches, but how good are they? Also what are they worth?

eagle.

2. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Bump

3. Looks like the price tag says $249? If it’s NJ series that’s actually made in Japan, it’s a decent price. Made overseas besides Japan, probably about right. That’s all assuming everything works. Offer $200 or $225 and see. I just passed on a bolt neck NJ series while on vacation because I didn’t have a way to get it home. Wishing I hadn’t.

Heck, if you don’t like it, I’ll give you $250.:smug:

4. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    The "NJ" meant Nagoya Japan some time ago, but since the early/mid-90's IIRC, "NJ" became a series, as the production moved from Japan to Korea.

If it is a through-neck Korean built version, then it's well worth a punt, as it'll be a seriously well-built instrument.

5. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

That, my friend is a “pre” NJ series. Pretty rare.
    It is a B.C. Rico .
    Very early 80’s 81-82.
    Bernie Rico was sued by the Rico saxophone reed company for use of the Rico brand name forcing a change to NJ series.
    It even has the reverse P config. That’s a great bass.
    If it’s a functional bass with a straight, adjustable neck. I suggest you buy it before I do.
    Where is it? I want to buy it immediately

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018