1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info on Christopher 501T?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by mfb, Sep 28, 2017.

1. mfb

mfb

Aug 11, 2017
    I recently purchased a Christopher 501T from CL and can't find much information on it other than it was made before their current numbering systems were in place. I've gotten no response from the company about it. Does anyone know anything about their 501T?

Thank you for your time!

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I actually have your answer! I was looking for info on this bass a few months ago (actually the DB5010T) and contacted Christopher for the info.

This is part of the email from "Sam" at Christopher back in February:
    "A few years ago we changed our product code system. In the current product code system, our 500 series basses are fully carved. However, in our previous product code system the 500 series basses were laminated. A DB501T on the previous product code system is equivalent to our DB103T in the current product code system.

The “T” refers to ¾ size but I am not sure what the “0” refers to.

Here is a link to our current catalog (Concord catalogue) and here is a link to our website ( www.concordgroup.com).

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you!"

I hope this help. I know its not the "501T", but the 5010T, but it may be your bass.

mfb likes this.
  4. mfb

mfb

Aug 11, 2017
    Awesome, thank you!