Info on Colleges?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Hi, I know many of you are in college, and I'm looking for some advice.

So far, I've been accepted in Christopher Newport in VA, University of Massachusettes in Amherst, and the University of Rhode Island.

I was deferred from my top choices at James Madison in VA, and the University of Delaware, however I may or may not get into those based on music, and even if I do, I don't particularly want to endure a year as a music major.

Do any of you know anything about the other 3? I'm concerned about URI because it's really old and is out in the middle of nowhere. I'm concerned about UMASS because I've heard they're having major financial issues, and they suffer from dirty smelling campus syndrome as well. I'm concerned about Christopher Newport because they have about an 83% freshman drop out rate. (transferring because of no social life) Newport has by far the nicest campus, but the students hate it. The strict regulations on the things that make college college probably don't help.

Anyhow, What would you guys suggest? If I get into JMU or Delaware, I'm definitely going to one of those two, but if I don't, what would you recommend? Thanks!
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I recommend you don't attend UMass, URI, or CN. You already don't like them. Plop down a few grand, and you will dislike them even more.

3. have you been to ? they got info on pretty much every college in the US.