Info on EA NL 210 pls

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marvinisbass, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I'm considering the purchase of an EA NL 210 that will be fed with an EA Iamp 800. Please give me your thoughts.
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love mine!!! w/ my iAMP800, its my goto, "when joker is feeling particularly lazy" rig. soooo easy to carry, and sounds HUGE.

its much warmer sounding than my previous neo-weight CXL112 or any of my other cabs for that matter, i.e. Epifani UL310, Acme B2, etc. and cause of the 10" speakers that much punchier. also, my low B is full, fat, and very present. no disappearing act here. and yet, it isnt nearly as hyped in certain frequencies as most other cabs i've owned or tried. a somewhat neutral, yet not totally neutral sound like my acme cabs. still had a dash of high end that isnt quite as smooth as my acme's flatter profile. and w/ the iAMP, i could dial in most whatever sounds i pleased, like plenty of punchie low mids for a kick in the butt kinda sound or for a fat billowy dance hall kinda tone.

and love the fact that loading in and out is a breeze. the handles are well placed, and thankfully, the cab's outer covering doesnt pickup smoke from a club. and while mine's a 4 ohm version, its RIDICULOUSLY loud. NO problem keeping up w/ a 14x6.5 ludwig black beauty brass snare. and i liked the bottom handle's versatility. use it to prop the cab up to hear yourself on a short on room stage. or merely use it to help carry your cab.

very fun setup... :cool:
  3. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Obviously I have a bias since I sell the gear. Joker's assessment is spot on as always. It's my cabinet of choice for most gigs. Shoot me a PM if I can be of any help.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've owned two NL-210's for some time, and I have always been favorably impressed with them. However, I recently did a 2x10 shootout, and at the end, I walked away even more impressed with the NL-210. It's one of my top three 2x10's, and (somewhat to my surprise), on the whole, I felt that it surpassed both of its predecessors, the most excellent VL-210 and CxL-210. I'm beginning to feel bad about not beating the drum a little louder for the NL-210. :(

As always, jokerjkny's comments are spot on.

It also sounds fantastic paired up with a CxL-210 (or a second NL-210).

5. Tom since you are also a big fan of the Wizzys, have you ever tried an NL-210 with a Wizzy?
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, this is a very nice sounding pairing, but the impedance mismatch means that you send twice the power to the Wizzy that you send to the NL-210, and to me, this is less than ideal. The two do have complimentary tones, though, to be sure.

7. I had forgotten about that little problem. You and Joker are so complementary on the NL-210 and you are on the Wizzys that I keep wanting that combination to work well.