info on fender jp-90

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by violatedppl, Aug 28, 2005.

1. a fender jp90 is for sale on craigslist the bass and I was wondering if anyone knew about these basses and is it worth the money. thanks
  2. M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    That's about $100 below what they bring on eBay. If it's in good condition and plays well you couldn't do much better for $200.

3. Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    my first bass was JP90, it's a nice has a poplar body, really bad pickups and a nice neck.
    overall i would say it's worth the 100$ but maybe an sx will be more high quaily then it.
  4. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I would grab it. I almost did, but I can't justify another bass at this time. I always wanted one back in the early 90's. The price is killer, especially for a USA Fender. Try it out first.
  5. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    A pawn shop here has one that they are selling for $399 it was $299. Don't know why they did the price jump for... I when I tryed it the thing didn't fill like a fender. It was very light played decent enough I guess. I felt like the pawn shop was sell it for more then what it was worth, so I just left it there.
  6. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    I owned the jp90 before. pretty light and easy to play with a punchy tone. however, the pickguard looks cheesy and cheap. i was worreid that rough use might crack the pickguard, especially if you're not careful with the toggle switch.
  7. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    i picked up a very used (and abused) jp-90 off craigslist, and have been VERY happy with it. it's my #2 bass , but is very light and has a neck that's a dream to play. the sound is great, but with a light body it doesn't have the boom that i really want.

the pickguards are terrible (my only real complaint) b/c they are too thin and break easily. i replaced my pickguard with a white/black/white standard thickness one from chandler (for about $50) and have been very happy with it.

that being said, i plan to hold onto mine for quite a while. it's a great player! here's a recent picture of mine. the bridge was VERY corroded on it when i got it, so i replaced with a BAII. i think a really dense and heavy bridge is a must for this bass b/c of the light body.