Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Info on Ibanez SDR 190

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by voleceq, May 7, 2001.

1. Hey, I was thinking about getting my first bass and a friend offered me an Ibanez SDR 190. Unfortunately, he only had the name of the bass. I was wondering if anyone could tell me some info (such as the type of pick-ups, etc.) the bass has if anyone knows.

Thanks

2. Never heard of a SDR190 but I've heard of a GSR 190, which a cheapest of the Ibanez line. Its a simple P pickup on a basswood body (some of the older ones are Alder howerver), the neck isnt wide, and the guitar is very light. I think this guitar is like $199 new, but can prob be found for as low as $150 new.

3. the GSR 190 is just a step below the GSR200. They both have a P and J pickup. the GSR 100 has a P pickup with no J

4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    As far as I know, the GSR190 is the same as the GSR200, with both a p and j pickup, but the gsr 190 was the starter pack version of the gsr 200.

5. Ok, thanks guys. By the way, it is a GSR 190. Just a typo by me I suppose. I got the bass in a starter pack also if that helps with getting anymore info. Also, bertbassplayer, you said that it had a basswood neck. I was wondering if you knew what kind of fretboard it has. If any of these questions seem to make no sense, please point them out. I am a new bass player and also new to the forums. Thanks for all the help!

6. I own a GSR190. its a nice bass for the price. the neck feels really nice. im pretty sure mine has an Alder body, and its a 1999 model.

voleceq, it has a rosewood fretboard.

7. Sorry, yea the 190 is the P/J just the headstock is like wood color not black like the 200... it is the starter pack. The ibanez page says that the wood is basswood, not Alder.

8. Ok, once again, thanks for all the information.