Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

info on incase gig bags?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Nov 3, 2005.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey guys i think this should go here, if not please move it.
    I know I've read some great things about incase bass gig bags on talkbass and I was wondering if they still make them and if so where I could get one?
    Also would a warwick corvette std. fit into one comfortably?
    If these arent made anymore do you have any suggestions for any other bags that I might be interested in? What I'm looking for is something stiffer than my rockbag (which is for the most part great, but its falling apart a little), and it seems like the incase bags are really portable and easy to travel/gig with given the slim design and the nice back-pack style straps. Space in the front compartment isn't a huge issue for me because I usually carry most of my stuff in a seperate tackle box kinda thingy, but how much space is there in this pocket?
    help is appreciated greatly.
    thanks
    -Alex :bassist:

2. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    They are great gig bags, but unfortunately incase decided to stop making them. You might be able to find a used one. I know Brian Barrett at thelowend.net had a few at one point. I know thegrooveshoppe.com had two, but i got one of them a while back. Good luck.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Just got my call from inCase. My new model Slim will be on its way fairly soon.

If anyone is still looking for these, they're back, and should start shipping mid next month (May '06).

The good news: They've significantly updated/improved them over the already awesome quality and feature set they had.

The bad news: Yeah, the price went up. The Slim is now $200, which is not that much higher than it was before, but the DUB went up to $300, which is a fair jump. To be honest, it's probably still worth it as arguably, by far, the best double case for basses out there at least from a protection standpoint, and that's top priority for me... yes, even over the (very) minor hassle of having to lift/remove the top bass to get to the bottom one. However, that is a lot of jack for a double "soft" case nonetheless.

Currently, I use only my (existing/older) Slim and DUB bags pretty much exclusively, and couldn't be any happier. They're perfect for me, and IMHO the quality is superb. I happily put a pair of MTD's or Zons in the DUB and not even think twice.

I believe Josh (TB: jmb7183) is getting one of the new DUBs, so hopefully, he'll review it when he receives it. I'm definitely gonna' check it out and compare it to my original DUB.

As far as I can tell, they're going strictly direct on these, so we'll be paying "the price" with no discounts unless something changes. I figure this will be the deal unless they get enough orders to justify doing dealerships again.

We'll see.

P.S. As this seems like a bit of an Ad, I am in no way affiliated or associated either directly or indirectly with inCase. I'm just a huge fan. :)

4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Thanks for the update Vic!

I'd love to get a dub Incase. I had to sacrifice my Slim Incase as part of a deal on an Accugroove cabinet and really miss it! I've certainly not seen another bag close to offering the level of protection and of the quality of the Incase bags.

I assume that a web search will find their ph number/email?

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    www.incasemusic.com

6. SurfLlama

SurfLlama

Feb 21, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I know this is WAY after the fact, but I have an incase for my acoustic guitar (the model name escapes me, but it was the one with all the extra storage). It's second to none, I trust is more that most hard cases I've had over the years.

7. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV
    I've got a pair of Roscoe SKB's (Fretted and fretless...more details to come later) on order and I also ordered a DUB from Incase just for these two. I figure I will probably never be out playing one without the other anyways, so it should work great for them. Yeah, a bit costly; but for portability, protection, and features I don't think I can go wrong with this.

8. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I bought an InCase when Sadowsky was selling them. I wish I had bought two of them but for $200???

You can buy a full bore ATA 300 flight case for that money.

I will say this about the InCase, when I first got it I had a load shift while driving and a gator rack holding an SM500 and Korg Tuner fell about 3 feet right on top of the neck section of my Sadowsky and the only that got damaged was my heart muscle.

9. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

alright...my turn to chime in...

I have the old tour bag as well as a slim and the dub should be on it's way soon. I absolutely love these bags and will take them over my hardshells for a few reasons...first off, that portability factor is great! BMPF...a corvette should fit just fine in anything but the old tour bag. I just recently traded my fortress 5 banger and it fit in my slim just fine.

Like Vic said...these things have a bit of a price tag on them, but IMO, they are well worth it. I really wish I could have had my dub for this tour I'm on as I type...right now I have both the slim and the tour bag with me, but it would be a ton easier if I had a double bag with me.

Anyway, my vote is pro incase...so go get one if you're thinking about it...I'll post more once my dub gets here...

10. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Sure you can buy the flight case...but I don't want to carry one of those heavy things around personally...

11. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Congrats on the two pending Roscoes! You've got to post some spec's and progress pic's. I hear what you're saying about having to always lug around 2 basses. I'm tired of taking two trips to the car every time I play (it's a long way from the parking lot to the church youth room and sanctuary). Hopefully the Dub bag loaded with 2 basses won't weight me down too much!:)

12. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    I plan on buying a Dub.

13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yeah, but you wanna' carry that all the time? Not me. The inCase stuff has the highest protection/hassle ratio out there bar none.

It's the total package, the non-rectangular design, complex padding and reinforcement, endpin protection, neck support, lumbar support for backpack system, etc, etc,. Simply, the best quality level, and you gotta' pay for that. You have a Sadowsky, right? ;)

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hmmm, I wonder if these are the awesome ones Matt had? :)

15. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV
    Nope, mine aren't built YET! ;)

16. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Like I said, I wish I had bought two of them.

17. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Welllll.... you get another chance now. :)

18. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey Vic,
    I pre-ordered a Slim bag on one of the first days the site was up in early January. I haven't gotten an email from them yet, but do you have any clue as to when mine would ship? I'm hoping soon, because my Warwick Rockbag is reaaally falling apart and I could use a new bag right about now.
    I can't wait for mine!
    -Alex

19. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I didn't know that InCase even stopped making cases. I've needed a new one forever and I always wanted one or a Ritter gig bag.

I ended up getting a new RockBag Premium for free today, so its all good.

How has the quality improved from their stellar reputation? Or is it asthetics?

20. My Credit Card was processed on Monday (put in my order in January as well) and statement says mine will ship on April 23rd...Got a Slim Bag......

Peace,

T