Info On Prayer-Bell Harmonics

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by DeCayING, Nov 28, 2003.

1. DeCayING

Jun 2, 2003
    What is prayer-bell harmonics? I heard it is when you pick the string from behind the nut? Does anyone have any information on this like a link or anything?
  2. Sten

Nov 18, 2001
    Well, I have no idea how these are called, so I'm assuming you are correct here. I have tried that though. I had a set of strings where all the four strings picked behind the nut sounded together rather well. I had an idea to use this as an eerie song intro (with a pattern 1232 1232 1232 2343 with 1 being the E string) but my next set didn't sound as neat plus it would need a microphone to play anything like that on live show.
  3. bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    its probably good to note, that 90% of tabs are wrong. its also good to note lots of em got you moving around way more than you need too.

i would highly suggest lessons.

however feel free to have fun with tabs for a bit before getting lessons cause lessons with be less frustrating when you start if you already developed at least some muscle in your left hand.

I would suggest looking up proper left hand technique and using it. use a pick till you get lessons, you dont want to learn that wrong.