1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Info On Prayer-Bell Harmonics

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by DeCayING, Nov 28, 2003.

1. DeCayING

DeCayING

Jun 2, 2003
    Kentucky
    What is prayer-bell harmonics? I heard it is when you pick the string from behind the nut? Does anyone have any information on this like a link or anything?

2. Sten

Sten

Nov 18, 2001
    Estonia
    Well, I have no idea how these are called, so I'm assuming you are correct here. I have tried that though. I had a set of strings where all the four strings picked behind the nut sounded together rather well. I had an idea to use this as an eerie song intro (with a pattern 1232 1232 1232 2343 with 1 being the E string) but my next set didn't sound as neat plus it would need a microphone to play anything like that on live show.

3. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    its probably good to note, that 90% of tabs are wrong. its also good to note lots of em got you moving around way more than you need too.

i would highly suggest lessons.

however feel free to have fun with tabs for a bit before getting lessons cause lessons with be less frustrating when you start if you already developed at least some muscle in your left hand.

I would suggest looking up proper left hand technique and using it. use a pick till you get lessons, you dont want to learn that wrong.