Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Info on Trace Elliot V8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Waabs, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    Hi. I'm a newb here. I got lucky and bought a Trace Elliot V8 yesterday. I've just got a few questions for any experts that might be around:

The last 3 numbers in the serial number are 301 i'm guessing it means the amp was made in 2001?

The "V8" logo is an oval shape on mine whilst all pictures of the ones I see on the internet have a rectangular one. Any significance to this?

I saw a thread about the V6 here and it mentioned the cow hide covering. Mine has this is that significant or any story to it?

Basically I'm just trying to learn a bit more about this amp. If anyone has anything else to add about them or any tips to do with them I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

2. Fellow V8 owner here. I'll have to do some checking on the serial#, but I seem to recall that the first bits are the month then year.

I've never seen one with an oval emblem... is there a U.K. sticker on the back?

The change to "buffalo hide" was purely cosmetic.

Almost forgot. Welcome!!! Where are you located?

3. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    Hi. I'm in Australia. Thanks for the reply, bump and welcome.

There is a UK sticker on the back. The oval emblem is made to match the "ovalness" of the holes in the front grill.

The only reason I mentioned that part of the serial number was because it was the only part that seemed to indicate a year. It could well be that first part.

Thanks again.

4. Cheers mate! I snagged my V8 pretty early on and it has the square badge. Whatever your badge or tolex preference you were very lucky... they're becoming very difficult to find. I'm glad that you found a UK-built one. Enjoy!

5. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yes, I'd be happy to provide some more information on the V8. Please send it to me immediately, and I'll answer any questions ya got... :)

... BTW, nice score, I'd love to play one and hear how it sounds compared to the Boogie 400+...