1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info on Warwick Proline Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Paul Michael Shields, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Hi one & all,

I have the opportunity to purchase a German made Warwick Proline Corvette 4 String Fretless Bass Guitar for a reasonable price & I was looking for some information this particular bass...

I've wanted a Warwick for some time now but to be honesy they have (even at pre-owned prices) been a bit out of my price range so this why I interested but also wary of purchasing this bass...

It's from a reputable guitar store but I'm wondering since I don't know much about the overall tech side if this is the real deal or if they are just using the Warwick brand name to push a quick sale.

They're asking £500 for it & to me that seems quite low for even a pre-owned german warwick bass.

Any information would be greatly appreciate regards this matter...

Attached Files:

2. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    First, this is the DB forum; you will get more responses on the BG side.

Second, I have two German Corvette Standards (4-string, passive, fretted and fretless). Not sure what the Proline model is. If I could get that price for my basses, I'd be pleased.

3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    It looks like a german Warwick Corvette standard ash fretless with EMG pups/pre or a proline neck/ash std. body frankenbass (truss rod cover says corvette proline) to me.
    The original '90s proline corvettes have flamed maple bodies, maple necks with wenge fingerboards (ebony on fretless) chrome hardware and MEC active pups/2band preamp.
    I had a '93 corvette proline 5 (fretted) and
    the bass on that picture is not one of them.

Edit
    here is my old corvette proline 5:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    I own a fretted Warwick Corvette Proline 5, and it does not look like the picture posted. I purchased mine shortly after Warwick discontinued Proline version of the Corvette and it matches the description provided by Flaked Beans:

With that said, the early models of the Corvette Proline are actually Corvette Standards. Warwick renamed the Corvette Prolines to Corvette Standards in the 90's. Therefore, the bass posted by the OP is technically, in name, a Corvette Proline. However, it is more comparable to a Corvette Standard.

As a reference, here is my Corvette Proline:
    My%20Corvette%20ProLine%205.

5. Charles Manning

Charles Manning

Mar 17, 2018
    I am new to bass, and picked up a 5 string corvette proline that looks just like the one pictured. What kind of strings are folks using?