Info/opinions on this Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumzini, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
  2. MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    I think it looks pretty great. I'm always a fan of neck-throughs, so that's one plus IMO.

The pickup combination of p/j is a classic, so if they're any good, it should sound great. If they suck, it's always easy to get excellent quality replacements. You could always ask if they are "real" Fender pups.

The volume/balance thing wouldn't be my fave -- I would prefer two volumes (one for each pup) -- but that's my thing.

Plus you sure don't see to many of those around -- you'll probably be the only kid on your block with one!

I've always wished that Fender (American) would start making neck-throughs of some of their classic basses -- but I'm sure that'll never happen.

Anyway, the price seems reasonable, it looks like it's in great condition, and maybe they'll discount it a little more -- why not give it a go?
  3. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Great thanks...c'mon Fender people! I may get to go in a couple of hours and go look at it up close....need info please.
  4. $525 is a lot more than i'd be willing to pay for it. if it were a woman and i were crass, i'd probably say i wouldn't kick her out of bed.

5. I said it before and I'll say it again. That thing blows the Dimension bass away in terms of looks. If it's your thing, go for it, but I like my Fenders bolt-on with thick glossy necks. However I've never tried one of those. Looks like a cool alternative.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nice basses, but that's not why I like Fenders. Gotta have a nice, simple jazz or P :)
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That bass always confuses me bc it doesnt strike me as a Fender, just because to me, fender means jazz, precision, or something of that sort.
  8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Forget it,

It is a used ho worth half that.

my 2 cents
  9. Always wanted to try a PROPHECY III out. If you get it, let us know what you think of it !
  10. That's really a Fender?

Hmmmm.... I like it. :cool:
  11. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Every once in a while there is a Prophecy III on eBay, and they always go for less than $525, usually with a case. I think the Prophecy III is the only neck through bass Fender has made, but I could be wrong. I don't think the sustain is so much better on a neck through as is commonly said, but it is easier to get to the upper frets without the bolt on part of the neck being in the way.

I've never gotten to play a Prophecy III, though. Maybe someone out ther can tell you about the playability and electronics.