1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PrecisionJaC, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,

Since I'm very interested to buy me a modern bass, (been loving the Jerzy Drozd basses mmm..) I'ld like to try some out.. The only problem is I live in Belgium.. And we don't have anything like a bigass guitar centre or whatever with all kinds of basses. So does anyone here know a big Guitar centre in Europe, maybe best in the roundabouts of Belgium (Germany, France, ..)where I can try out many sorts of basses. Because I've been searching and maybe it's me but I can't find a thing.. I'ld like to believe that there are people here on Talkbass that can give me some information.

Thx!

2. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    We don't have a bigass guitar center here where I live either.
    That would be a catchy name "Bigass guitar center"
    We have 3 music stores in town and one stocks fender, hofner,peavey ,musicman and ibanez.
    another does warrick , gibson and epiphone
    the third does schecter,olp, dean ect...
    While this sounds like a good selection they don't stock a lot of basses, less than a dozen at each store and only one, two or three of each brand.
    If I want to see more I have to travel 2 hours to Nashville Tennesse or Indianapolis Indiana.
    I would suggest looking at some of your large cities/communities around you.
    :meh: How about http://www.groovestreet.be/

3. www.groove-distribution.com is in France. They are a JD dealer.
    There are also one in Portugal, and one in Greece, and 6 places in Spain. Hope it helps. Check HERE for numbers and websites.

By the way, I think JD basses are the best looking basses I've ever seen. I've got a dealer about 4 hours from me, and have yet to get over there.

4. Try Bassmatters in the Netherlands.
    Haven't seen a J D there, but Paul usually has a nice collection of high end basses in store, like Elrick, Sadowsky, Mike Lull, Modulus, Lakland etc.
    www.bassmatters.nl

Good luck,
    R.