1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Information about Ampeg SVT 350H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbanger, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bassbanger

bassbanger

Mar 4, 2008
    Can anyone help me out I just bought this (SVT350H) and don't really know anything about it?

I have a SVT410HE as well.

Does anyone know any good settings for these or some stuff I should know about them?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    They are underpowered. I owned one and couldn't keep up with a drummer.

3. bassbanger

bassbanger

Mar 4, 2008
    You must of had an extremely loud drummer because I've played with a drummer and could hear it just fine.

Did you have any troubles out of it?

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Nah it worked fine until I ditched it. It was a US one. I found the Limit light came on way too early.

I was playing with a VERY heavy band at the time.

I would add tube pre in front of it if you want some Ampeg growl.

5. bassbanger

bassbanger

Mar 4, 2008
    any suggestions on a preamp?

Anyone else have any input?

6. input? yes...

explore other brands.... :bag:

7. Bassbanger, if you go to Ampeg's site and download the PDF manual...it will have suggestions for tones as far as rock, funk, country, etc etc....should give you plenty of good options

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It is a B2-R in head version. Worth knowing too.

9. bassbanger

bassbanger

Mar 4, 2008
    thanks

10. I also found it underpowered in hard hitting bands; I think it's kinda dumb that they're basically just stuffy a modern looking head into a vintage style case so that people will think it sounds like a real SVT

The tone was half decent if you don't run out of head room. You can get the same for cheaper, though, in other brands (imho).