Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Information about this instrument

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by BassChuck, Jan 28, 2006.

1. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
  2. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    Hmmm... an elecro-acoustic viola da gamba?:confused:

Fingerboard looks kinda flat to my eyes. Are you going to be using the stick on that? Other than that, looks interesting. Let us know how it sounds.

3. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    funny question AFTER bidding $520.99...
    good luck

4. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Yea, it looks like I might have pulled the trigger a bit fast on this one. Oh well. I never planned to die with bank account. We'll see what it can do when it gets here.

5. Hey, at least you got a bass stand out of the deal. $400+ more than I would have spent, but nonetheless...

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Eh, it could be fun. No sense beating him up over what's done, haha. I'm curious about how it will sound/play.

7. Ashley Long

Ashley Long

Jan 3, 2004
    The bridge and fingerboard look to be completely flat so it would be impossible to bow a single tone on any strings other than the top or bottom strings. (viola da gambas' and the rest of the viol family have a much flatter curvature than the violin family but they are not played pizzicato). Plus you would have to learn a new hold with your legs with the gamba, which believe me, takes a while and lots of dead legs!