Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Information about this instrument

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassChuck, Jan 28, 2006.

1. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  3. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Well....... what can I say?

A careful search of this forum will show that the trigger was pulled a tad fast on several purchases by many TBer's. Add my name to that list. Still, what I had in mind was an unusual instrument and I see that the Gods of Bass Fates are not going to let me down on that.

We'll have to see what its like when it gets here. I'm sure it has no truss rod, but then, how many Viola da Gambas do?

Don't judge me too harshly. Life's road is full of interesting turns. Tonight, I'll be playing my trusty Rickenbacker with an R+B band. This will give me something to think about during breaks.

If this turns out to be something really fun, I'll post some stuff about it. If you never heard about this instrument again... well... you know.

4. Mach1FT

Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH

Coming ups ground.. I hope you got glue :p

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I think you should post a review regardless. I'm actually interested in seeing how it sounds and plays.

-Mark

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Ditto!
    This could be very interesting...

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I think it's one of the best looking things to come out of his shop. It looks like maybe he had detailed instructions from the original owner...It could be a very interesting piece. Not to mention that it's not really a bass guitar, so maybe Wish's trademark neck and feel could work to your advantage.

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I looked at your profile, you already have a Wishbass! You already know what to expect.

9. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Oh Lord.... the humble pie gets bigger and bigger. I have that on my profile because, several months ago I ordered a 4 string bass that has yet to be delivered. I ordered it as a 'project' bass for wood finishing (something that I've never done) and the hope that I could resurrect it as some other TBer's have attempted.

So... there may be a day in my life soon where I get 2 Wishbass's in the mail. I leave you all to ponder the impact.

I'll post a review of the gamba when it gets here. I did not know it was a Wishnevsky when I bid on eBay. I agree, it looks pretty good and is unusual enough that it probably will be some fun.