1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Information on Hondo Series 870 Fame Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StathisBass, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Does anyone know anything about this model? I've been trying to find some information on it but only the series 830 was what I found. Anything about it's production, woods, worth is appreciated. I'm thinking about selling it, that's why I am asking. Thanks! IMG_20170302_153945.jpg IMG_20170302_153945.jpg

Attached Files:

2. No one?

3. Not a great deal of info. Made in Korea 1984/85. Has a maple neck but you already know that :) The body will be nato wood, a far east mahogany subsitute.

I remember Hondo/Fame basses being fairly common in mid 80's Europe. Nothing particularly striking about this model that I can see,no DiMarzio pickups for instance.

4. Thank you Kodiak Blair! The truth is I know nothing about it, not even the woods. All I know is that it was on the top shelves of the company's list.

5. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Epiphone had the same bass with a pointy headstock, same bridge, same factory. Don't recall the model name though.

6. I remember a bass, completely the same in hardware, just the body was in a "V" shape being sold for almost 4000 $ and made me start considering of selling it.

7. A $4000 Hondo would be a surprise. Here's a couple of links to Hondo models and the Hondo story.

Hondo's History

Hondo

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021