1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Injecting new life into a marriage... or an old joke...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassyBill, Apr 1, 2009.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    After years of hiding the fact that the love is gone, the last child moved out of the house and Mom and Dad announced they were getting a divorce. The kids were distraught and hired a marriage counsellor as a last resort at keeping the parents together. The counsellor works for hours, tries all of his methods, but the couple still won't even talk to each other.

Finally, the counsellor goes over to a closet, brings out a beautiful upright bass, and begins to play. After a few moments, the couple starts talking. They discover that they're not actually that far apart and decide to give their marriage another try.

The kids are amazed and ask the counsellor how he managed to do it. He replies, "I've don’t think there’s anyone alive who can resist the temptation to talk during a bass solo."

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    ouchies

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Either that or zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............:D

4. Hey, I resent people talking during a double bass solo. I don't pull over when one plays on the radio, but I forbid my wife to talk during one.

Don't worry, she makes up for it the rest of the time.

5. You owe me a new keyboard. I just laughed a mouthful of coffee out through my nose. Now I'm laughing AND I'm in pain.

So true. Resist the urge!

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Excellent, Bill! That one elicited a totally unexpected LOL. :D

7. anonymous_111514

anonymous_111514 Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    hey I resemble that remark...

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    hahaha :D

9. Thats funny..but true..

10. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    I love how your avatar fits PERFECTLY with that joke.

11. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    Nearly fell off my chair. :)

12. Solution: Turn up so loud that no one can hear themselves think, let alone talk.