Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Injured Lakland Joe Osborn 500 +shipp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jazzercountry, Oct 13, 2004.

1. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    This is my Black/rosewood Skyline Joe Osborn. Had an unfortunate run in with angry ex girlfriend whilst at a gig, and now it has some injuries. The damage was done with a small hammer :crying: , and 3 out of the 4 hits landed on the pickguard. The 2 on the top did not shatter the plastic, but the one next to the neck pickup did shatter the edge of the pickguard over the pickup route. The last hit was in between the bridge pickup and the bridge, left an impression somewhere between a quarter and a nickel. I will take pics to further illustrate, and can provide them upon request. The good news is that all one would have to do to restore this bass to a point where the damage would not be visible from a few feet is replace the pickguard. That would still leave the ding at the bridge, but because of the color, it doesn't show up too terribly much.

*edit* forgot to mention that other than these cosmetic issues, the bass is 100%, with a set of Jazz flats on her*

Anyhow, this is caseless. First one with 500 bucks takes her home, far away from psycho ex's.

Thanks ya'll, I need the help on this one. :help:

-Ryan
    713-471-6284
    mr_couvy@hotmail.com

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    OK people, keep it on topic. No more talk about "snuffing" or injuring people!

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  5. I'd like to see some pics as well
    cleverword(at)hotmail.com

6. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
  7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
  8. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Will consider Aggie GS112 as partial trade.

9. I have a GS112 to part with, please send pics to spyglass_blue@yahoo.com.

10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Can you resend them to me. I accidentally deleted the pics. I'm still very interested.

11. jazzercountry

Apr 12, 2000
    Well folks, off to eBay!