Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Injured

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andy_beckett, Feb 13, 2003.

1. i broke my collar bone:bawl:
    this sucks
    it wont be healed for 3 months:(
    i want my mommy
    ok im done feeling sorry for myself.

what i want to know is if anyone else has any injuries that prevented them from playing - and how they coped with it.

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i was cutting carpet w/ a cheapy retractable carpet razor, dragged it onto my hand, cut about an inch into the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, suffered some nasty nerve damage and bled like a pig.

i couldn't even grip a cigarette in that hand for a month, much less jam the bass. i thought i was finished 'cause like an ass i refused to go to the hospital.

so i go next door to my neighbor's, who used to be a doctor and was (rest in peace) 98 years old. i un-bandaged my heinous wound and the old bastard pried the cut apart and proceeded to stitch it himself while i fought against fainting. i was out of playing for most of the summer.

that's my little tale of woe.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My freshman year of high school I managed to fall out of a moving car and break my left pinkie. I had to get a cast that covered my pinkie and ring finger and went half way down my forearm. Needless to say I couldn't play any bass. I did manage to play hockey with the cast, although now that I think about it that probably wasn't such a smart move. Yeah it sucks not being able to play, but it's not the end of the world.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile