1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Injured

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andy_beckett, Feb 13, 2003.

1. i broke my collar bone:bawl:
    this sucks
    it wont be healed for 3 months:(
    i want my mommy
    ok im done feeling sorry for myself.

what i want to know is if anyone else has any injuries that prevented them from playing - and how they coped with it.

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i was cutting carpet w/ a cheapy retractable carpet razor, dragged it onto my hand, cut about an inch into the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, suffered some nasty nerve damage and bled like a pig.

i couldn't even grip a cigarette in that hand for a month, much less jam the bass. i thought i was finished 'cause like an ass i refused to go to the hospital.

so i go next door to my neighbor's, who used to be a doctor and was (rest in peace) 98 years old. i un-bandaged my heinous wound and the old bastard pried the cut apart and proceeded to stitch it himself while i fought against fainting. i was out of playing for most of the summer.

that's my little tale of woe.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My freshman year of high school I managed to fall out of a moving car and break my left pinkie. I had to get a cast that covered my pinkie and ring finger and went half way down my forearm. Needless to say I couldn't play any bass. I did manage to play hockey with the cast, although now that I think about it that probably wasn't such a smart move. Yeah it sucks not being able to play, but it's not the end of the world.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile