Injuring Stories

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Cruzer24, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Cruzer24

Nov 21, 2000
    This wasn't exactly at a gig BUT it's kinda funny anyways...

During practice... I got bored during one of my rests, so I picked up a drum stick and started beating the crash with it. Everyone was looking at me... So the rest was over, I started playing. During a solo, I bent over again to do it again, because it was during a section where everyone jumps and throws things around.

I bend over... my friend's headstock goes up preparing for the jump... The downbeat comes... his headstock goes down. My head comes up...........

I go crying on the ground in pain. Everyone stops playing. I've lost too many braincells. No wonder I play guitar.

It woulda been kinda funny if that was during a gig... Interesting way to end a song, eh?
  2. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Our drummer managed to injure himself in practise today. He was going at it hammer and thong, and managed to break a stick. Somehow, the broken stick managed to fly up into his face and cut his nose. I'm not sure HOW exactly that happened, but it was quite amusing - halfway through a song the drums stop, and we turn around to see his nose pouring with blood and he's wincing about being scared. Still, it was only a drummer...

Sep 10, 2000
    one of my drummer friends thought he had a brain tumour...cuz he kept getting these strange headaches for months and after countless doctors, the last one finally tells him the reason why he got the headaches was because his nose was broken for months
    gee and guess how he broke his nose....LOL he's a little too into the music and has frequent accidents while drumming
  4. hahahaha silly drummers, tricks are for bassists

Sep 10, 2000
    he recently cut hit ear and broke a drumstick too

well then again hit my guitarist with a headstock (cruzer24)
  6. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Oops, that should have been scarred.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Heh. That's good. That needs to be a bass company's slogan.
  8. ~Loxley~

~Loxley~ Guest

Apr 9, 2000
    I had something of an accident at a gig once...

We sometimes play "Moby Dick" by Led Zep (a 15 minute drum solo starting off with guitar and bass), and just as the drum solo began I suddenly felt something hit me in the back of my head and I fell forward onto the stage!

My bass didn't brake or anything but was pretty detuned when I got up.

It turned out that my drummer had been a bit clumsy and had let go of one of his sticks during the solo! That's what had hit me!
    We all laughed about it, but the amazing thing was that my drummer managed to keep on soloing with only one stick!!!

That was pretty cool...
  9. dont forget you heard it from the funkopotimus here first folks! :)
  10. EdgarHons

Oct 14, 2000
    I've posted it before but while horseplaying I managed to chip my tooth...I wish I had a tape of it. I can still remember me having fun then getting real serious and my friend looked at me to see me spit something out of my mouth.

Everything's well and fixed though now...

To add something new, I suppose my old drummer once hurt himself a tad. He's real cheap and spent all his money on his girlfriend and not on drum things, so he was using a broken drum head (That shwat they're called? Eh, who cares)where there was a huge hole in it. Anyways, he still continued to play it, and was playing once and got his stick and hand inside of it. Since he was on a roll, he just kinda yanked it back out and scratched it up on the jaggy parts pretty bad. I don't remember blood, but he complained it hurt. This is more a rag on my old drummer's cheapness though than an injury story, one he deserves very much...
  11. AlexFeldman

Jun 18, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sorry, but you electric guys are sissies. I play upright (yeah, the big un), and I get blisters sometimes. I was playing without an amp this weekend, and look what happened...

12. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Been there, done that. Don't like it.

You have my sympathy, Alex. What really sucks is starting a gig with burned fingers.

13. My story is about my rythm guitarist.
    We were playing at a friends party and we were on our last song and for some reason which I don't remember there was a cymbal hanging from the roof so he decided that to make a nice dramatic finish he would headbutt it and when he did this he made a gash in his forehead but because he'd had a few he didn't feel it and did it again making it worse. We all stopped to see a pool of blood at his feet and he was wondering what was going on and looked down and when he saw it freaked out and started dry heaving, he managed to hold it in and he went inside to get it fixed up and he got a cheer from everyone as he left.