injury prevention

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Ragn Royle, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Ragn Royle

Ragn Royle

Jul 24, 2019
    hi I'm new to TB but came here in search of some answers hopefully because doctors wont do anything. I have bee playing double bass for about 3 years and have completed my first year of music school on double bass. however in the last few months of school I ways starting to get excruciating pain in my right index finger (most important one) in the joint. I went to the doctor and he said there is nothing wrong but that is impossible as I can no longer even practice due to the pain. does anyone know what this is and how to deal with it? thanks in advance!

2. Not with that little information, sorry. Pizz or arco? You are studying double bass with a teacher, right? Has he checked your bow hold? Which joint is it? German or French bow?

James Collins likes this.
  3. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    What does the pain feel like? Which joint and side of the joint hurts? Does anything make it better? Does anything make it worse? Exactly what are you doing when you have the pain? What have you tried to make it better? What kind of doctor did you go to? Did you have an x-ray? Is there anything you think caused it? Does your finger swell? Does your finger have a mass? Is your skin red or tight or changed in any way?

How old are you? Do you have any medical problems? Do you take any medicines? Do you smoke? Have you had surgery or trauma to your hand?

So far based on your provided info you could have any number of things including gout, gonorrhea, or a sprained finger.

PillO and J_Bass like this.
  4. See another doctor.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021