1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

INNOCENT MAN BEING CHARGED WITH SEXUAL ASSAULT.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Swicked, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please help. I came across this thread and I really have no idea how else to spread the word. This man is being accused of molesting an underaged girl on dates in which he was not even in the state.

He is being denied a lawyer and cannot afford one, he has mountains of evidence that prove he was out of the state and could not have possibly commited the crime. He is being coaxed by the local law enforcement to just comply with the charges and the media portrayal is not helping. Please spread the word if you can. Twitter, Facebook whatever. Thank you.

Thread:
    http://boards.4chan.org/adv/res/11911144

Blog for information and evidence
    Http://smalltowninjustice.blogspot.com.au/

Youtube channel
    http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQ62LsupaTdcQ0wwKkYNd6Q?&desktop_uri=/channel/UCQ62LsupaTdcQ0wwKkYNd6Q

News report on incident.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/02/ludington_man_31_charged_with.html

2. Bump

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    The man was not in the state from 2003 to 2006?
    I could only read your last link, the others are blocked at work.

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Was it really necessary to start a second, identical thread?

5. Yes correct. The actual culprit is related to the accused but since he was underaged at the time he was not charged, so the family moved to press the charges on him.

6. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    If he's in a first world country he will have an attorney appointed to him free of charge. If he's so obviously innocent he will be set free. No worries.

7. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    "...but I cannot afford a real lawyer, and I told the police what they wanted to hear just so i could get home to my sick girlfriend, my god. I need like ten grand,... "

I didn't read past this. No need to. The guy already confessed. Hate to say it, but he's kinda s.o.l. at this point.

Sad, really.

The moral of the story is, never confess to a crime you didnt commit. Lawyer or none.

8. He has been appointed an attorney. He's being told by said attorney to just accept the charges

9. If you read past that you would find out he has been diagnosed with social anxiety and was being coaxed to confess for nearly two hours

10. If this is all true, I sincerely hope the truth comes out and justice is served.

But so much about this doesn't pass the stink test, not the least of which is this:
    Why aren't the accused's supporters promoting his cause on Facebook, the #1 social media platform on the planet, instead of on some obscure bulletin board?

One more thing:
    If this is happening in the USA, why does the blogspot blog have an Australian web domain?

11. They are promoting it on facebook as well as any available platform. Ad blogspot is australian, so all blogs end in .au regardless of the country

12. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Two hours of interrogation is nothing. Eight hours or more is very common. His disorder can't be that bad if he has a girlfriend.

Also, a man is only as good as his word. If you're a man and you tell the police you did something, then go back later and say "I didn't do it. They made me say I did..." your word is worthless.

13. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Not true. Blogspot pages can have local domains for any country.

14. Really? That is interesting then. Any further thoughts on it?

15. I don't know about that. I wouldn't assume "it wasn't that bad", but you are right that is a terrible move on his part.

16. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    None. Just pointing out.

It happens that I follow a couple of blogspot blogs, one is ".com", the other ".co.uk" and the other one ".com.br"

17. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Either the story is fake or he's the stupidest guy in the world. He says he told the police "what they wanted to hear" so he could go home to his girlfriend. If you tell the police that you committed a serious crime, you aren't going home to your girlfriend stupid, you're going to jail for a long time.

The whole thing reeks of a lie.

18. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Yeah dude, most here are from America. Different laws and jurisdiction. That "victim" will have to get legal support from someone in Australia.

19. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? :smug: Seriously, if you're giving money away, I'll be more than happy to receive any you'd like to send my way. I'm much more deserving of it too than an internet scammer. You'd be doing a fellow bassist a solid. Think about it. :rollno:

20. I stand corrected, but remain highly suspicious. But I'll repeat my wish for justice if this whole thing is legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.