Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Innotion problem, my neck right?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PollyBass, Aug 27, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    My neck has a slight bend, my e and a strings go sharp on innotion, but the others are fine. The bridges are as far out as they can be, all of them. its the bend in my neck right?

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    While the bend in the neck can cause a fretted note to go sharp, the problem is usually corrected at the bridge. Chime the harmonic at the twelfth fret, and then fret the note. If nthe fretted note is sharper, then the bridge saddle needs to be moved towards the back of the guitar, if the note is flatter, move it forward.

Your comment that "the bridges are as far out as they can be" seems to indicate that this is the case. Typically, the G and D string saddles are set closer to the neck than the E and A.

Good luck,

-robert

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks man! i got my bearings mixed up. i thought that pushing the bridges BACK would make them even sharper. i thought i heard that somewere. well, guess ill go to my bass to fix it now. thanks again.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, somethings, wrong. all notes on my neck are going sharp, no matter how much i tighen the bridge.i can notice a slight diffrence, but not much, what now?