1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Innovation Silver slaps (as new) in UK

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe and International [DB]' started by Clarkybass, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    BGP
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    I have a set of as-new Innovation Silver Slaps for sale. I used to love these a few years ago. However, I put them on my bass, found I no longer like them and took them off almost immediately (as in, within a couple of hours, not even a whole day).

They cost me £99 from Omega Music (which was the cheapest online price I could find; most are £109+). So £80 including UK post sounds more than fair to me for an hour or so's use. I guess thats about €95 to mainland Europe (a c.30% discount vs Thomann new price of €134 plus post). Will be no point quoting a US price as it won't be economic for the buyer if import taxes are thrown in.

Photos to follow

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010

Attached Files:

3. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Would trade for Spiro red (Mittel) set in OK condition, preferably S42 set

4. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Price drop to £75/€90 posted

5. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    I investigated the possibility of a trade with a US based TB'er but it wasn't economic to do so with shipping/import costs, so this is for UK and mainland European TB'ers only.

Would trade for used but good/fair condition Spiro Weich set (although S42 Mittel preferred) OR synthetic Evah Slap D and G (which are on my other bass and could be back-ups)

6. Hi man , do you know what the tension is on these in lbs on each string< cheers, Jez

7. As far as I can remember from my measurements about 22 to 25 kp (higher tension on the lower strings). So similar to a lot of gut string sets.

8. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    Also, to be clear, these were sold some time ago and marked as such

9. Thanks mate, yes i noticed after i posted lol, thanks for the info though, i am just getting back to playing after bad RSI and looking for low tension strings to replace the Thomastic superflexibles that are way to tense for me, they sound like a great string, the others i am considering are the Velvet Blues, have you tried these? if so how do they compare, thanks for getting back quick mate, regards , Jez

10. Clarkybass

Apr 30, 2010
    No worries Jez. Been there, done that! I hated Superflexibles. Among steels, my favourite low tension strings are Spirocore 3/4 Solo, which - when downturned to orchestral - are not far off Velvets in tension but more reliable (less chance of breakage, last for years). Blues are nice but have the (minor) disadvantages of less tuning stability than steels (especially when newly on bass) and occasional breakage. Plus they go dark brown/green (i.e. tarnish) if you don't clean the copper windings with a damp cloth and toothpaste once in a while! If I were going for a hybrid low tension string that wasn't steel, I would probably go for D'Addario Zyex Lights.

So there you go - my recommendations are Spiro Solo for steel, Zyex light for hybrid/more gutty sounding

11. thats very informative mate, thanks very much, Jez

12. ordered the Spiro Solo 3/4 set mate, thanks for you help, Jez

Clarkybass likes this.