innovation Silver Slaps

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by CB3000, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Is it me or are these amazing? I put them on last week and liked them right away. used them on a gig on sat. and it was great. i could pizz, slap, arco-whatever comfortably and easily. i've always had to compromise something depending on the strings i had on. but, for me at least, i can do anything i want on these.

2. Are they wound with some kind of synthetic like the Eurosonics?
    Is the core steel rope-core or synthetic like the other Innovations?

TIA!
    François

3. from their site:
    "Braided core with half round clear nylon overspin" they have a "non-metallic" core.

I think the low tension black tapewound strings they make look interesting too.

4. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

You can bow on these strings? What does it sound like?

5. hofner

hofner

Dec 7, 2003
    france
    the innos supersilver slap have a bigger diameter than innos black rockabilly ones, which sound very plastic.
    they're very similar to gut in sound. decay, warm and punchy tone, quick decay. they're the best nylons strings i ever played.
    that said, i did'nt found a significant difference in tension between these "slap" version and the regular supersilvers. both are easy to slap, but are quite stiff, D and G particulary. slap sound is not the best i ever heard neither..
    they bow, but i admit that i never found (and bought) them so good sounding for this use...
    i really love the pizz sound howewer, for roots musics, swing, rab, they rules !

6. the arco is not fantastic but so far it's good enough for occasional use. i have 2 different german bows and they sound very different from each other on these strings. the black seems to grab better and get a bit more volume.

7. Fat.Mike

Fat.Mike

Dec 15, 2006
    Tulsa, Ok
    I play bluegrass and they are the best strings I have played. They sound great and are not murder on your fingers like steels.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021