1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

innovative bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crusie, May 13, 2010.

1. crusie

crusie

Oct 19, 2009
    Djursland, Denmark
    holy crap - I just looked at random videos on youtube and this one came up! now that's innovative - any ideas on what kind of bass this is ? the fantastic part starts around 18 secs in - watch and let your jaw drop!

2. Sheldon681

Sheldon681

Mar 26, 2008
    Ottawa
    That was pretty cool!

3. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
  4. Not seen that video pop up here in a while, tho it does show up every now and again.

Def. pretty cool

5. crusie

crusie

Oct 19, 2009
    Djursland, Denmark
    ah sorry for the repost - I just hadn't seen it before - and I think I read quite alot in here :d

6. I always look at it and think its cool but then i go off the idea pretty quick. Firstly, playing fretless I imagine would be pretty shocking as the action will be really high, as it's set up to have frets, so take the frets out of the equation and your action will be awful. Also the frets will never be as solid and secure to transfer tone as a usual fretted bass. From my point of view it's compromised.

7. harry182

harry182

Nov 28, 2009
    England
    That looks awesome! Would love to give it a go!

8. It has been a while since this bass has been posted, but it used to be quite often, much like that one bass with a giant headstock for a body, 2 strings, and a body for the headstock......

Anyway, novel concept, but typically more expensive than a nice fretted and nice fretless. The other not so obvious drawback is that you end up with a fretless with high action. I've rarely found that a fretted bass can have as low of action as a fretless, so between that and the height of the frets, viola, high action.

9. woah! awesome :D