1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Input for Jazz Bridge Pup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WhiskeyMan13, Mar 19, 2009.

1. WhiskeyMan13

WhiskeyMan13

Mar 11, 2009
    I have had my MIM 70s Jazz since November. I thought I played alot on my starter bass (ibanez SRX2EX1 white with black trim), until I played this in the store for 30 minutes, then brought it home with a pack of Roto Swing 66's. I love almost everything about it, except the bridge pickup is a bit too quiet. What would be a good replacement for just the bridge pup, something that would keep a similar tone, but just pack a bit more volume?

2. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Seymour Duncan make some pretty decent pickups, you might wanna try them out.
    How much quieter is it though?

3. awall

awall

Oct 30, 2006
    You might just have to raise the pick up to get it closer to the strings. I have two MIMs and the bridge pick up is pretty hot on both.
    Al

4. WhiskeyMan13

WhiskeyMan13

Mar 11, 2009
    The bridge pup is actually raised higher than my neck pup. As far as the ratio of quietness, compared to the neck, I'd say it was like 35% quieter. Enough so that if I play over the neck pup, then play right over the bridge pup, I'd have to turn up my amp to get the same vol level.

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I'd say look at seymour duncan, but honestly I'd replace the bridge and neck pups and put in an active EQ into the J, cause I don't like passive systems.