1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Input jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flury, May 28, 2004.

  1. flury


    May 21, 2004
    The input jack on my Peavey Basic 112 combo seems loose/damaged. I took it the "amp" part out of the combo and the input jack is still tightly soldered on. So I guess I need a new one. Where could I buy justa 1/4" input jack for this amp? It is soldered directly onto a board incase there are other ways of doing it. Thanks.
  2. You'll need to get that exact part from Peavey if you want it to fit onto the board and then go back into the chassis.

    Can you see the solder joints on the bottom of the board? You could also try re-flowing those solder joints with some new rosin core solder. Those solder joints or board traces could be cracked and you might not be able to see them. If the traces are cracked right at the edge of the solder, use a sharp screwdriver to scrape back some of the green paint and make sure the new solder flows over the crack area.

  3. If you can read the part number off the jack, you might be able to find the exact replacement at Digikey or Mouser, both online electronics distributors. I don't like board mounted jacks for exactly that reason, you might want to see if a standard panel mounted jack would fit.

    Just my 2 Yen.
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

    BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

    Sep 7, 2000
    Throbbinut and Basstrader both have good suggestions. You can look at Parts Express as well.

    I once bought a Minx 110 that had a disintegrated input jack. I just mounted a nice Switchcraft jack on the chassis and ran short wires up to it from the circuit board.

    Peavey's customer service department is very helpful. If you're more patient that I, go ahead and get the correct/exact part for your repair.