Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Input Signal To Navigator Pre ?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DumpsterDave, Mar 17, 2014.

1. I use a Navigator Pre and run two different basses into it... A passive MIM P-Bass loaded with an SD Quarter Pounder and an active Marco TFL 5 loaded with and Audere Classic Pre and Marco's custom wound PUs.

Let me preface this by saying I run the EQ flat accross the board at "normal gain" and I bypass the compressor and the enhance feature.

My issue....
    When I use the rig with the P-Bass, it's smoot sailing. Gain LED starts to blip around 1 o'clock and if I keep the Master level between 12 and 1 it keeps the output level, indicated by the LED Meters, right were it needs to be. Sounds great. However, when I plug in my Marco, it's like my input signal is gone. I can't even get the Gain LED to register and with the Master turned all the way up I'm hitting at most -20 dB on the output indicator LEDS.

I do realize that these are two completely different basses and I would expect some difference in signal level, but this seems way to drastics.

Thanks for your input!

-Dave

UPDATE!

I've done some troubleshooting and the results make me look/feel like a dumb dumb. I came home from work and immediately set up my rig. I last played it Saturday night at a wedding reception, using the Marco and just dealt with the issue.

The P bass is giving the same results as the Marco ( I told you I would look like a dumb dumb). All I can deduce is that something happened in the time between/before this wedding reception on Saturday when I used the Marco, and the gig before that when I used the P-Bass. There were no issues at the "P-Bass Gig" which is why I initially believed it had something to do with the Marco, but alas I can now confirm it is an issue with the Nav.

What is the consensus now? Bad Tube? Worse?

Again, thank you all for your thoughs/input.

-Dave