Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Inquiring minds need to know

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anyhue, Mar 12, 2014.

1. anyhue

anyhue

Mar 12, 2014
    Though I have played on a lot of amp setups and pedals there are quite a few questions I still have before I drop them $$$s

Sound
    I have been playing a hand-me-down Hartke for years and it has with stood over 12 years of abuse. I have an opportunity to get an all Orange stack for a good price 4x10, 1x15 and 500W head. I keep debating Ampeg, GK, Hartke and Orange. I play a spectrum of sound so I need a setup that will give me full range at a high quality. I know everyone says to just pick what I like but I haven't spent n extended amount of time getting to play each setup. From experience can you suggest why you would pick one of the four?

I have done a lot of research on effects and I want to upgrade my pedal board. Like most I want the most amount of variety without taking up a large amount of space. I would love to add the GK-3B to my 6 string as a cheap alternative to utilizing midi. I am curious of how to make my bass guitar sound like the synthesized midi bass in this song below?

I am open to any suggestions but the main effects I am looking for are:

Reverb
    Reverse
    Delay
    Distortion/Fuzz
    Tremelo
    Harmony/Octaver
    And a unique pedal just for creative noise making.

Over the years I have acquired ME25, RC30, DD-3, OC-3, pS-6, OD-1, Digidelay and Digi Synth/Wah.