1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Insane deal - SWR350

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by drobinsn, Apr 23, 2009.

1. drobinsn

drobinsn Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    +1!
    I ordered one yesterday. It was on route to me a few hours later. Very nice guy to deal with. I ordered directly through the store instead of ebay.
    Brent

3. kfilament

kfilament

Apr 23, 2009
    hey guys, i am playing out of a GK backline 600 right now, been playing for a year or so now, realizing the short comings of it, is this SWR350 enough of a step up in quality to consider buying??

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, but not significantly louder (if much at all). It is much, much higher quality.

5. kfilament

kfilament

Apr 23, 2009
    yeah, volume is not an issue, most of the time i have am playing through a PA with subs anyway, but the quality of the backline is ****. I see that musicians friend sells the 350x for 900, i wonder how this guy is moving these for 315??

Anywho, like i said, volume through a 4x10 is not really an issue for me, more or less the quality, and i guess upgrading the cab would be next on my list, but def. the head needs to get upgraded.

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated, and thanks rpsands for the quick answer.

6. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Thks for the heads up, just snagged one... with the Ebay coupon I had, cost me under $290...

7. drobinsn

drobinsn Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They are now discontinued from SWR/Fender. This is a close-out deal where a manufacturer takes a substantial markdown and offers it to a few select dealers in order to move the remaining inventory. Being a close-out or discontinued item does not affect the product quality. It just creates an opportunity for a dealer to offer an incredible value to their customers. I work in the consumer electronics industry and see this take place all the time.

Just my 2 cents worth.....................

8. kfilament

kfilament

Apr 23, 2009
    so would you guys be worried about replacement parts or service for these from Fender/SWR???

9. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    Nah i wouldn't as cheap as fender is they will just change the name plate on the new model
    and use the same guts

10. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    These amps are under full warrantee so I'm not too worried. I'm sure SWR still has to honor it even though the amp is discontinued.
    Brent

11. kfilament

kfilament

Apr 23, 2009
    well to hell with it, i got one. you can never have too many amps right?????

12. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    If i wasn't in the market for a new cab I'd grab one..... But a new cab is more important right now...

13. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that? Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    Thanks for the heads up! 3 left!

14. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    That's nuts....I'm on it!!!!!!!!!

15. Who doesn't!!! :p
    I just grabbed 1 and there's 1 left.
    Thanks for the heads up!!! :bassist:

16. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I just grabbed the last one. Excellent deal for sure! :hyper:

Thanks for starting this thread. I would never have found it otherwise.

17. fourstring44

fourstring44 In Memoriam

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I got one at 4:30 pm and got the 8% livesearch discount. Low and behold later this evening Livesearch went up to 14% Missed out on another $19. Oh well, still a great bargain in my book.

18. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    The product image of the back said 4 ohm minimum load, the SWR site says 2 ohm.

Which one is correct?

Very tempting price, they are popping up in several places...

=wr=

19. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
  20. vashonsingleman

vashonsingleman

Oct 1, 2008
    Bumps on the heads-up for the 350. I've been searching for a great head for my stepsons GK 210 @4 ohms, and it sounds like a perfect match.:hyper: