Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*insert Don Vito like gibberish here*!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KSDbass, Sep 28, 2005.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    so, I spent like a hundred bucks on a soundcard, a fan, and a badass cable sleeve kit for my computer. guess how much of it works!?!?! THE SLEEVING KIT! THATS TEN OUT OF ONE HUNDRED! the fan cable connector is too big, there both three pins, the new fans is just a lot fatter, and my soundcard has this weird plug on the side thats like 4 inches long, which my new one does not have! so I was just wondering, the random four pin connectors that are all over the motherboard and aren't being used, are they for four pin fans? or just to piss you off when you buy the right fan, only it doesn't work. and can my new soundcard live without this extremely long, thin, connector? ill get pictures if you need them.

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Pictures would help. I'm not sure I understand some of what you wrote in your post, but it may be something that's easily remedied, so let's have a look

3. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    its a bad idea to touch te big heatsink. like, really really bad. but anyway, here are the pictures

[​IMG]
    thats the fan plug^

[​IMG]
    the long soundcard plug my new one doesn't have

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the bad picture quality, but I wasn't really trying for detail

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, don´t just plug into any random connector you can find. Get a manual for your motherboard and check out what connector does what.

Also, the pics don´t help at all, they are way way to blurry to make out any detail at all.