1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Inside Storage Ampeg 2x10 Flip Top

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GGman, Jan 5, 2017.

1. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    I now have two Ampeg 2x10 Flip Top cabinets with the PF-800 amp. Is it safe to store items inside the cabinet like it is suggested? Wouldn't the speakers, horn, wiring, input panel PC board be vulnerable to damage with those items sitting loose inside while the cab is being transported, placed in a car truck on its back and so on? Obviously the amp head is okay if it is bolted to the top panel as it was designed to do. Or is there some way to store these items inside safely?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I definitely wouldn't leave anything loose in there. The caster bags have velcro straps at the bottom to hold them in place.

GGman likes this.
  3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I worry that something can poke a hole in the speaker cone more than anything.

Slamming on the brakes can bounce a cab and its contents around. When I transport my portaflex, I go so far as to separate the head and cab. No cables or cords go into the cab.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Everyone knows you only put your stash in there....:whistle:

BurnOut and BlacknWhite like this.
  5. Bazinga!

Jules Meuffels likes this.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    No, I would never store items inside the cab, unless they fit in that little goodie bag that attaches with velcro inside the cab.

2saddleslab likes this.
  7. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Loose items flying around inside a speaker cab is just asking for trouble.

8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    They included an official stash bag? That's some exceptional customer-focused design right there. :thumbsup:

JimmyM likes this.