Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

inside the bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by herpes, Feb 3, 2006.

1. herpes

herpes

Jan 20, 2006
    Austria (tyrol)
    the title sais everything - what is what and what does it to, say in an active bass to make it more interesting?
    - are there any differences inside the basses or is it just the quality of the parts?

phil

2. Well, I don't think the internal parts make any difference .......
    ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?!
    It makes a huge difference what's inside. On the other hand: you cannot make a good instrument out of piece of crap, even when you use the best parts there are.
    e.g. Cort basses have Bartolini inside which is not bad, but the material of the basses doesn't allow anything good to come out of it.
    Have a look at the pick-up items on this forum: There are all sorts of good pick-ups and pre-amps. Then there is such a thing like taste ..... So try as much as you can to find out what you like.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Damn, the board's got herpes...

:meh:

4. mamm7215

mamm7215

Mar 23, 2005
    "e.g. Cort basses have Bartolini inside which is not bad, but the material of the basses doesn't allow anything good to come out of it."

My Cort C4Z has a mahogany body, wenge neck and sounds great, even with low-end Mighty Might pups. I tried a B4 (basically same with Barts) and it sounded great too. JMHO

5. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    Ahh sie kommen aus Osterreich. Ich lebe sehr oft in Salzburg.

If you don't know "herpes" is considered a bad thing in the US for certain reasons.

The electronics make a big diference, they can haffect the amount of bass and treble etc with the turn of a knob or just by having a little piece called a "capacitator" of different strengths affecting the tone.Usually your bass will come with a piece of paper that says the controls or go the the makers website.

6. Not bad?

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I think "herpes" is bad in any country for the same reason!:D

8. herpes

herpes

Jan 20, 2006
    Austria (tyrol)
    cold sores are herpes too - not just the real bad thing...