Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Insomnia + Garage Band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Feb 11, 2004.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hmmm... 4 hours and 5 minutes until my alarm clock goes off. I think my 'nighttime' cold medicine had the opposite effect. Anyway, here I am at 2:25 in the morning playing with Apple Garage Band. Might as well share... :help:

http://www.secretdonkey.com/fallopia.mp3

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Isn't GB fuuuun? :D

I liked that, great start, seems like it has a lot of places it could go though, great bass tones.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I thought about extending some of the parts and putting a second bass over the top, but there's no way I'd have gotten any sleep that way! Maybe that will be next. :)

Man, GB is sooooooo cool, isn't it? I plugged my bass (Cirrus) right into the computer, tweaked the EQ on the "Bright Bass" setting a bit, added a little chorus and compression, and got a sound I'm pretty happy with for being a rank amateur at recording!

Thanks for the feedback, WR!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Watch out though dude, GB is a HOG! it really eats up your CPU, it loves RAM, give it all it can get!

I've found if I have 4 heavily effected tracks, it stutters to a halt :(

but, such is the way with many v1.0 releases, I'm sure it'll get snappier™ in the future, as more g4/g5 optimizations are thrown in, as well as cleaning up any errant code or whatever.

have you checked out www.iCompositions.com ?

50MB free webspace for hosting GB compositions, it's pretty neat.