1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Insomnia + Garage Band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Feb 11, 2004.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hmmm... 4 hours and 5 minutes until my alarm clock goes off. I think my 'nighttime' cold medicine had the opposite effect. Anyway, here I am at 2:25 in the morning playing with Apple Garage Band. Might as well share... :help:

http://www.secretdonkey.com/fallopia.mp3

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Isn't GB fuuuun? :D

I liked that, great start, seems like it has a lot of places it could go though, great bass tones.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I thought about extending some of the parts and putting a second bass over the top, but there's no way I'd have gotten any sleep that way! Maybe that will be next. :)

Man, GB is sooooooo cool, isn't it? I plugged my bass (Cirrus) right into the computer, tweaked the EQ on the "Bright Bass" setting a bit, added a little chorus and compression, and got a sound I'm pretty happy with for being a rank amateur at recording!

Thanks for the feedback, WR!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Watch out though dude, GB is a HOG! it really eats up your CPU, it loves RAM, give it all it can get!

I've found if I have 4 heavily effected tracks, it stutters to a halt :(

but, such is the way with many v1.0 releases, I'm sure it'll get snappier™ in the future, as more g4/g5 optimizations are thrown in, as well as cleaning up any errant code or whatever.

have you checked out www.iCompositions.com ?

50MB free webspace for hosting GB compositions, it's pretty neat.